WordPress Blogging Platform
WordPress is a very popular blogging platform. It is easy to use and we can make a high quality website easily even without having any prior programming knowledge. Maximum webmasters use to prefer WordPress as their blogging platform as it’s popularity increases many new plugins, themes, tweaks starting approaching webmasters. Even if any problem arises then you can easily found it’s solution in Internet.
Installing WordPress is quite easy. You can easily install it by Fantastico Deluxe in cPanel or by uploading WordPress files via FTP client in your website’s root folder.
Image Credit : IconFinder
Recommended Things To Do After WordPress Installation
- Check If there is any Update available either for you wordpress, themes, plugins or for you browser. It is important because any update is much better then the previous version. It makes your wordpress easy, stylish, protected, fast then the earlier versions.
- Make a sub-domain of your website for images to store, like my website’s sub-domain for images are img.infoincrement.com. Replace the default Upload folder’s path to this sub-domain by going to Settings>>Media. Doing this will not put more load in your main website and hence your website loads faster.
- Go to General Settings of your website by going to Settings>>General. Put your email address and If you check the box of membership then make sure New User Default Role should not be Administrator but recommended to choose either subscriber or contributor.
- Change your Permalinks structure by going to Settings>>Permalinks to any type other then default. I recommend you to use Postname (/%postname%/). It helps to increase your website’s SEO quality and helps visitors as well as search engines to better understand and index your website’s data.
Choosing Suitable WordPress Theme
By WordPress Theme search you can search and use unlimited themes for free and If you want even more then you can search the vast internet where you will find free as well as premium themes that suits your niche.
Image Courtsey : NTT
While choosing theme you need to be careful. Things to keep in mind while choosing wordpress theme :
- Choose theme that suits your niche.
- Theme should be SEO optimized.
- I prefer to use light color themes because visitors feel comfortable by these themes rather then any website having dark or some glaring color.
- Don’t ever use any crack themes in case of your website because there is a greater chance of them having malware, trozans, trackers or something which will not good for you.
- Choose theme having more and more options so that you can you can easily mold you website according to you.